DevOps Software Engineer
We are seeking an exceptional DevOps Engineer to build and deliver software and infrastructure extending the scalability, availability, and efficiency of our Business Intelligence platform.
Service Management Group (SMG) is building a new, state of the art, Business Intelligence platform to help companies spot emerging trends more clearly than ever before. This enterprise system is 100% cloud-based, hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and operates with low latency and high availability. On a daily basis, the SMG platform processes vast mobile consumer data into valuable business insights. Businesses across the service industry use these insights to deepen customer relationships and to capitalize on new opportunities.
SMG has been making long-term investments in this technology and has assembled a multi-disciplinary team to deliver these strategic capabilities. As a DevOps Engineer, you will accelerate our innovation cycle by exercising a mix of software design, coding and testing skills (Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, Boto, Ansible). You will oversee our AWS-based system that leverages Amazon’s EC2, EBS, S3, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, ElastiCache, Route53, Glacier and IAM. The experience will be hands-on, working collaboratively with other experienced software engineers to integrate advanced analytic services, mobile API features, and decision-support visualizations. You will also contribute to our future service and infrastructure growth strategies.
Our small-team environment is fast-paced, ever evolving, and highly rewarding. Our software team is central to our company’s success. We recruit strategically and develop our employees who remain a critical source of competitive advantage.
Preferred skill/experience include:
- Linux/Unix administration
- Performance analysis and tuning of high-volume, low-latency, BigData systems and services
- PostgreSQL administration, optimization, tuning, data modeling
- Python (w/Django, Celery) programming
- Ability to estimate and plan infrastructure capacity
- Infrastructure automation: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, continuous deployment tools
- Message queuing systems: e.g., RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with geospatial data and PostGIS
- Practical experience with Agile software development practice
SMG offers a creative environment to a diverse workforce. Compensation and benefits are competitive and include the opportunity for an annual bonus. Interested? Please submit resume to email@example.com.